For You Education is a professional tutoring centre that specializes in GCE A Level examination. We have been teaching students from different international and local schools for almost 10 years, not only that we a Pearson Edexcel Partnership Centre with Edexcel Academic Qualifications. Throughout the 10 years of teaching, one of the most asked question is on how to prepare for the GCE A Levels. Today, we have gathered our professional tutors to give you 5 tips:
1. Start early: Don't leave your preparation for the GCE A levels examination to the last minute. You should always start your studies as soon as possible as cramming everything before the examination would lead to stress which would not help you with your memorization, not only that, cramming also leads you to poor health; all of this will lead to poor performance during the examination. Therefore, we recommend that you start preparing as early as possible so that you can have a better understanding of the exam format and question types.
2. Get familiar with the curriculum: Familiarize yourself with the GCE A Level curriculum so that you know what to expect in the examination; this doesn't mean that you should memorize each and individual chapter, instead knowing the topics and not overstepping when answering is the key importance. Through this, you will be able to highlight topics you will need to place more emphasis on compared to the others.
3. Get a tutor: A professional tutor at For You Education will not just blandly teach you the concepts to you; our emphasis is placing a tailor-made service based on assessing your strengths and weaknesses through a trial lesson. Our lessons do not follow the traditional follow textbook emphasis, instead; we place our emphasis on teaching through our tailor-made notes, so that difficult concepts such as Quantum Physics Theory can be easily understood.
4. Take practice exams: Understanding the syllabus and getting a professional tutor are only just 2/3 key components to preparing for the GCE A Levels examination, the final one would be getting yourself used to the examination environment. This translates to doing a past paper under timed conditions, not only this will train you to be efficient under timed conditions, but also how to manage your stress. You could also apply for a mock examination at For You Education, where we have made our own personalized mock examination for every single subject to test out; we will be marking your paper through the eyes of the examiner so you will get the full experience of an actual examination.
5. Get enough rest: Although you may be prepared for all of the subjects, getting enough rest is very important when it comes to the examination. Without adequate sleep, you will not be able to focus properly during the examination and may find yourself making silly mistakes. Furthermore, research has shown that lack of sleep can lead to higher levels of stress, anxiety and even frustration; which will affect your performance when you take your exam. Remember, every mark counts, so make sure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep every night leading up to the examination.
These are just some tips on how to prepare for the GCE A levels examination. If you need any help, feel free to contact For You Education, where our professional tutors will be more than happy to help you out. Good luck!
"Hesitating?" That's okay, you can try a lesson for free!