For nearly 10 years of teaching, one of the most frequently asked questions from students at For You Education is "which subjects to choose for GCE A Levels?". For this question, we have came up with few tips and facts to bare in mind on when choosing your GCE A Level subjects:
- Consider your future goals. What do you want to study in college? What kind of career do you want to have? Your GCE A Level subjects should be chosen with your future plans in mind, which is important when it comes to university application.
- Do some research. Once you have a list of potential subjects, take some time to learn more about each one. After you have considered the subject that you wish to study at University, you will need to research what are their prerequisites.
- Talk to your guidance counsellor. They can offer valuable insight into which subjects will best prepare you for the GCE A Level exams and for what comes after, whether that's college or a specific career path, you can also talk to one of our senior professional tutors who have experience regarding your subject choices.
- Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. GCE A Level is the perfect time to challenge yourself and try something new. You may find that you're good at a subject you never thought you would be interested in. Not only that, you will also understand what subjects are your strengths and weakness, this is one of the factors that will determine on whether you will succeed in your GCE A Levels.
- Get advice from others who have been through it. Talk to friends or family members who have already taken the GCE A Level exams. They can offer first-hand advice on what to expect and which subjects they found to be most challenging. Furthermore, you can also apply for academic consulting at For You Education.
Here at For You Education, we specialize in GCE A Level tutoring for almost 10 years; our professional tutors have a deep understanding of all aspects of the GCE A Level examinations. Our professional tutors can tailor made classes that suit for individual strengths and weakness. Not only that, we also offer a summer class program that can give you a head start on your GCE A Level journey. Taking classes over the summer will not only get you ahead of the game, but it will also allow you to explore different subjects and find out which ones you prefer. Contact us today to learn more about how For You can help you achieve your academic goals.
"Hesitating?" That's okay, you can try a lesson for free!