If you are taking the International Baccalaureate Economics Diploma Program, you will need to know how to write a top essay. The ability to produce a well-written and persuasive economic essay is critical to success in the IB program, and can be make-or-break when it comes to your final grade.
For You Education is a professional tutoring service that specializes in IB examination programs. We have been teaching students for 9 years, and our experienced tutors can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Here are 5 tips from our experts on how to write an IB Economics essay:
1. Understand the requirements of the IB program. The first step to writing a great essay is to make sure you understand the requirements of the IB program. What are the specific guidelines for your paper? What is the word limit? What format should you use? Answering these questions will help you plan and structure your essay in the most effective way possible.
2. Read the question carefully, a good IB Economics essay must have a clear, concise idea that takes a position on the question you are addressing. Depending on the question, your essay should be having opposite opinions no matter whether you agree or disagree with it. This shows that you have a clear understanding of different economic theory but also showing you that your opened minded which is one of the IB learner profile.
3. Use historical economic events. Once you have understood the question in hand, the next step you should do is to think about an historical economic events that can back up your question that you are answering. Our professional economic tutors have stated that the "American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009" is the most common that can be used, or the "Omnibus Act 1993". This clearly shows that you have done your research and highlights your clear understanding of the question.
4. Write a clear, well-organized essay. Your IB Economics essay should be clearly written and well-organized. It should have a strong introduction where you have defined the key terms in your question; then you should start answering the question with clearly drawn graphs. Remember labelling graphs with your question not only shows your understanding of economic theory, but gives your essay a better flow. All of this combined, the examinator to have a better time reading your essay; this will inevitability give you a greater chance to get a 7 in your essay.
5. Edit and proofread your essay. Once you have finishing writing your IB Economics essay, make sure to edit it carefully for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. You may also want to have a professional tutor at For You Education to check it for you. Furthermore, you should make sure that you have answered the question clearly with good handwriting, labelled graphs, appropriate historical economic events. And, if you have time, you should repeat this process during examination to double check, as some mistakes may be left out.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you will write a strong IB Economics essay that will help you earn a great score on your examination. If you need additional help with your essay, consider joining For You Education IB Economics Summer preparation class or taking a tuition course on IB Economics with us. Good luck!!!
"Hesitating?" That's okay, you can try a lesson for free!